IN-STUDIO ART CLASSES
CELEBRATING 15 YEARS OF
releasing the creative powers within!
Multi-media 8-week Art classes are offered in the Fall, Winter and Spring.
Now enrolling for winter session!
These classes are about exploring self-expression through art. Drawing inspiration from renowned artists and from our own lives, we work in a variety of media which have included collage, printmaking, mosaics, mixed media, clay, & painting. Writing is woven into the classes as a way of hearing the quiet voice within. Friendships are often made as a byproduct of supporting and sharing with one another.
- Grout and mixed media on tile: Stepping stones/Mandalas
- Printmaking – silkscreen; monpainting; lino prints; stencils
- Artist’s books from scratch
– Various artists
– Artists: Ron Nagel, Peter Volkos, Oppenheim cup
– various artists
- Wood carving, wood and decoupage – “Women & Power”
– Artist: Marisol
- Fabric sculpture dolls – “Protectors”- Art: Hopi Kachina dolls
- Styrofoam heads – “Layers”
- Miniature wooden chairs in an environment
– Artists: Robert Hudson, Robert Rauchenburg
- Sand circles
– Artist: Andy Goldsworthy
- Nesting dolls “Cocoons”
– Art: Matrueshkas
Waitlist for Spring Session now open!
Due to the popularity of the classes, it’s best to get on the waiting list in advance of when you’d like to join us – there’s no obligation but we often don’t reach beyond the waiting list. To be added to the list, fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch soon!
SIGN ME UP!
Note: Due to the popularity of the classes, it’s best to get on the waiting list in advance of when you’d like to join us – there’s no obligation but we often don’t reach beyond the waiting list.
8-WEEK CLASSES ARE OFFERED IN BETHESDA, MD
CLASSES MEET ONCE A WEEK:
Some of our projects:
- Mixed-media Assemblage in student made wooden boxes
– Artist: Joseph Cornell
- Wire/Mixed-media -Mobiles, and Stabiles
– Artist: Alexander Calder
– Artists: Matisse, Kurt Schwitters
– Disney & others