My new book, Studio Stories, is finally here!!
I’m thrilled to tell you that Studio Stories: Illuminating Our Lives through Art is finally here!
Eleven years ago, I began inviting women into my studio to create art. Studio Stories takes you along on their intensely personal journeys from self-expression to self-discovery. As a lifelong artist and teacher, I’m truly delighted to share these inspiring stories of the power of creativity to transform.
With the book about to hit the bookstores, it’s my pleasure to offer you…
5 Ways to Enjoy STUDIO STORIES:
1. Sneak-peek it: You can download the first few chapters of Studio Stories here!
2. Order it: You can pre-order the real-live Studio Stories here!
3. Read it: From cover to cover!
5. Share it: Please share Studio Stories with your friends, neighbors and family!
It’s not easy launching a book into this big old busy world. So thank you so much for helping me get her out there!
To all you are,
See below for Studio Stories summary and pre-release reviews:
Studio Stories: Illuminating Our Lives through Art
When artist Lauren Rader begins inviting women into her studio for classes in creativity, she has no idea what she is about to unleash. Drawn by a common yearning to express themselves through art, the women soon find that the path to creativity leads deep within—to hidden thoughts, buried memories, and dramatic life changes. Here, Rader relates their intensely personal journeys, along with insights from a lifetime of teaching and artistry, and from her daily walks along the river with her sweet dog Wiley.
Advance Praise for Studio Stories
There is so much power in these stories. The power of art. The power of women. The beautiful power of women in the act of creating. These are stories of courage and liberation.
- Tom Ashbrook, host, NPR’s On Point
Studio Stories runs deep. It offers readers close encounters with art-making and its persistent power to help us see who we are and might yet become.
- Michael Roth, president, Wesleyan University; former president, California College of the Arts
Lauren’s gentle coaching brought back to life the artist in me that I long ago extinguished. This book can help do that for so many others too. It is beautiful, poetic, and inspiring.
- Cecilia Capuzzi Simon, contributing writer, The New York Times
Studio Stories reminds us that creative expression is the birthright of every human being. It inspires and uplifts. A must-read!
- Flora Bowley, artist, author of Brave Intuitive Painting
Studio Stories will remind you to stop and notice the beauty all around and within you. If you’re a teacher, you’ll get ideas about materials and themes to inspire creativity. If you’re an art therapist, you’ll marvel at Lauren’s natural gift of using the transformative properties inherent in the creative process.
- Karen Wise, former clinical director, Boston Institute for Arts Therapy
Whether art is an important part of your life or not, this book – a piece of art in every right –will inspire you to face your fears and find and surrender to your true, best self. Every page is a powerful inspiration – every story a message to live by. One of the most genuinely beautiful, elegant, and powerful reads I’ve come across. I am in love with this book and implore you to get a copy for yourself and for all who matter in your life.
- Umaimah Mendhro, Founder and CEO, VIDA
Studio Stories is eloquent, inviting, and beautifully designed. Rader’s narrative provides a real sense of the breakthroughs and ‘aha’ moments, as well as the struggles, inherent in the creative process. A thought-provoking and delightful read.
- Nancy Collamer, author of Second-Act Careers; founder, MyLifestyleCareer.com
Studio Stories is a deeply insightful book that conveys through powerful real-life stories the wise ancient philosophy that art has the ability to awaken a soul. A must-read book for every educator, therapist, counselor and art activist.
- Maye Torres, artist, Taos, NM
- Arla Patch, author of A Body Story and Finding Ground: Girls and Women in Recovery.